Simulation is an integral part of studying CO2 injection, and is essential for making predictions of storage security, studying storage mechanisms, and understanding material balances
- Simulation of production/storage history matching of primary, secondary, and tertiary recovery provides some calibration
- Calibrated simulation used for predictions of future and CO2 storage in the reservoir;
- Uncertainty estimates are critical for forecast context and risk assessment; relative permeability is paramount
- Forecasting potential impacts (risk FEPs) via coupled thermal, geochemical and geomechanical processes;
- Fully-coupled, full-scale simulations used to calibrate reduced order models for uncertainty quantification, risk assessment and optimization for ongoing forecasts.